Thank you for your interest in becoming a volunteer at LeConte Medical Center, Fort Sanders Sevier Nursing Home, LeConte Volunteer Thrift Shop or Thompson Cancer Survival Center-Sevier! We hope you find the following information helpful. If you need additional information please call us at 865.446.8406.
Requirements to Volunteer at LeConte Medical Center
- Commitment of 4 hours a week or more, for at least 1 year of service.
- Customer-service oriented attitude, with the desire to provide service to the community.
- Successful background check.
- Completion of orientation program (1/2 day orientation videos).
- Annual education refresher (1/2 day once a year)
Volunteer benefits include:
- A free meal for every day (4 hour shift in a day) worked
- Free annual flu shot.
- 10% gift shop discount, 20% thrift shop discount
- Annual celebrations
- Scholarship opportunities
- Providing a meaningful service to your community!
Our Priority Needs
- Thrift Shop: Located off-site at 441 Parkway in Sevierville. Thrift Shop volunteers service customers, and process all incoming donations. All positions needed.
- Gift Shop: Assisting customers shopping in the Gift Shop. The Shop is open Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Includes working the computer (POS system), and working with money. Requires walking, lifting and reaching.
- Outpatient Surgery Desk: Working at the reception desk in the outpatient surgery lounge, assisting patients and family members throughout their surgical experience. Includes answering phones, escorting patients, and giving directions. Requires walking.
- Information Desk: Assisting guests with information (such as directions, patient information, etc.), escorting guests to destinations throughout the facility. Requires walking and working with computers.
- ICU/Step Down Unit Information Desk: Assisting guests with directions to patient rooms, and about visiting times in the ICU.
Other Volunteer Opportunities
- Registration Desk: Working with Registration staff to input patient information into computer system. Must be comfortable working on computers, and have great people skills!
- Nursing Home: Working with the residents at Fort Sanders Sevier Nursing Home (across the street from the Medical Center), providing company, assistance with activities, assistance during meal time, and much more!
- Fundraising events: Working with local vendors to organize on-site fundraising events to benefit the volunteers, also includes working on annual fundraisers such as bake sales and uniform sales.
- Facility Support Services (Engineering Dept): Assisting department employees with completion of facility work orders.
- Thompson Cancer Survival Center – Sevier
- Junior Volunteers (under age of 18): We accept applications annually from February-April for summer opportunities. Click link for complete details.
- And more! New opportunities are available on a regular basis.
Becoming a Volunteer
If you are interested in joining our adult volunteer team (over the age of 18), and are willing to commit at least 4 hours of service a week, for at least a year, complete our online application.
The Pink Ladies/Auxilary formed in 1966 (Sevier County Hospital). Volunteer Gift Shop opened in 1985. In the 2000s the volunteers became a department of LeConte Medical Center, and no longer serve as an auxilary model.
Research demonstrates that volunteering leads to better health. Come Volunteer with us! For additional information, contact the Volunteer Office at 865.446.8406 or apply online here.