We are looking for hard working junior volunteers (between 14-17 years of age) to serve at LeConte Medical Center during our summer program! If you are interested in giving back by serving others in healthcare, consider applying today.
2022 Summer Placement
Requirements for both new and returning volunteers:
- 14 – 17 years of age by May 1, 2022
- Complete both online AND paper application and return by April 1, 2022
- Maintain a C+ average in school
- Attend a mandatory orientation
- Commit to a minimum of six weeks of service during the summer.
- Commit to a minimum of four hours of service during each of your 6 weeks.
- Complete the online form by April 1, 2022
- Complete and return the paper form and return it by April 1, 2022
You will be notified the week of May 16, 2022. Volunteer service begins in June.
Can I volunteer during the school year?
Only Junior Volunteers who have completed a full summer term of volunteering are permitted to continue volunteering through the school year (schedule permitting).
We only accept new junior volunteer applications each February and March for summer placement.
What about Job Shadowing?
Individuals seeking a Job shadowing opportunity are not assigned as hospital volunteers. Job shadowing is a function that is overseen by the Human Resources and Nursing Departments for students over the age of 18 in healthcare-related fields.
Volunteer benefits include:
- A free meal for every day (4-hour shift in a day) worked
- 10% gift shop discount, 20% thrift shop discount
- Annual celebrations
- Scholarship opportunities
- Mock interview opportunities
- Resume building assistance
- Providing a meaningful service to your community
Over the age of 18 and want to volunteer? Find out more here.