From testing to cardiac rehabilitation, cardiology patients at LeConte Medical Center have the resources they need to improve their overall heart health. We work closely with area cardiologists to provide our community with an array of cardiac procedures and treatment.
Quality Care, Close to Home
The idea of a cardiac procedure can be scary, but you can count on the experience of our team. As part of Covenant Health, we have the resources to provide the highest quality care. Our services include:
- Cardiac Catheterization – A cardiac catheterization, also known as coronary angiogram, is a procedure that tests the functioning of the heart. During the procedure, a small catheter is inserted into the heart with the aid of a special x-ray machine. Intravenous contrast dye is then injected through the catheter and into the heart to visualize the valves, heart chambers, and coronary arteries.
- Pacemaker Insertion – A pacemaker insertion is the implantation of a small electronic device in the chest to help regulate the beating of the heart.
- Echocardiography (Adult Only) – An echocardiogram is a diagnostic test that uses ultrasound waves to create an image of the heart. This test can show the size, shape, and movement of the heart’s valves and chambers as well as the flow of blood through the heart. Echocardiography may show such abnormalities as poorly functioning heart valves or damage to the heart tissue from a past heart attack.
- Transesophogeal Echocardiography – A Transesophogeal Echocardiography, also known as TEE, is a diagnostic procedure in which an ultrasound transducer and endoscope is guided down the patient’s throat into the esophagus. Images of the heart are then produced using sound waves.
- Cardiac Stress Test – A cardiac stress test helps physicians check the condition of the heart by assessing the flow of blood to the heart during physical activity.
Talk to your doctor about choosing LeConte for your cardiology needs.