Thank you for visiting LeConte Medical Center. We are committed to providing excellent care, and excellent customer service. We appreciate the opportunity to help you gain a better understanding of our billing process.
Pay your bills from home with our Online Account Manager.
- Following your visit, your bill is processed, and a summary statement will be mailed to your home. This statement summarizes charges for services you received and advises you of the applicable insurance claims we will file on your behalf.
- Each applicable insurance company, based upon information provided at the time of your visit, will be listed on the top right side of your summary statement.
- If you have additional insurance not previously provided at the time of your visit, or if we do not have the correct insurance companies listed, please contact our Patient Accounts Office immediately at (865) 374-3000.
- Upon receiving final payment from your insurance company, another Statement will be produced indicating that all insurance benefits have been paid. The remaining balance is your responsibility.
- Full payment for your responsibility or the balance remaining after insurance payment is expected within 30 days. If you are unable to pay the remaining balance in full, please contact our office immediately to establish payment arrangements. If payment is not received within 30 days, or payment arrangements have not been made, you will receive a final notice letter explaining that the account will be referred to collections.
We offer a variety of payment options including: Cash, Checks, MasterCard, Visa, American Express and Discover
Understanding Your Statement
It is important that you understand that the statement you receive is to advise you of the status of your claim.
- Each visit to LeConte Medical Center will generate a new account number which will help you follow specific accounts through the billing process.
- Statements will not include any physician charges. Professional charges for the Emergency Department physician, radiologist, cardiologist, pathologist, anesthesia, and all other specialty physicians are billed separately by the physician’s office. These charges are NOT considered part of the hospital bill.
- If you are an Emergency Department patient you will receive a bill from SE Emergency Physicians for the services rendered to you by the attending physician. If you have any questions regarding the bill from SE Emergency Physicians, please contact them at 1-888-952-6772.
Our Patient Accounting Department is staffed with personnel to assist you with specific questions or concerns you may have related to your bill, and can help you at any point during the billing process. We will be happy to assist you, and look forward to providing you with excellent care, and excellent service.
Patient Accounting Department Office & Phone Line Hours:
Payments should be mailed to:
LeConte Medical Center
Knoxville, TN 37995