LeConte Medical Center is now accepting applications for junior volunteers (14-17 years of age) for summer 2016. Complete details about the application and application process are available at www.lecontemedicalcenter.com/juniorvolunteers. Online application and support materials can be downloaded from this website.
Criteria for Junior Volunteers (new and returning) 2016 Summer Placement
- 14 – 17 years of age by May 1, 2016 (if you’re a returning volunteer, and are currently enrolled in high school, and will be turning 18 before the summer, you can still apply).
- Make and maintain A/B Grades
- Complete the initial application online here. Once application is processed employment services will contact applicant to schedule a TB Skin Test, flu shot, and drug screen. Parental consent will be required for these items.
- Complete Junior Volunteer Application Supplement (can be downloaded here or picked up in the volunteer services office). This supplement includes some important items that are also due by the April 8 deadline including: completed contact info and availability information, reference from school counselor or teacher, parental consent, and up-to-date immunization records.
- Attend a mandatory orientation (sessions offered June 2 & 7 ). If you are unable to attend one of these sessions we will be unable to accept you as a volunteer this year.
- Commit to a minimum of 6 weeks of service during the summer, with a minimum of 4 hours of service during each of your 6 weeks.
Deadline for application completion is Friday, April 8. For more information please visit www.lecontemedicalcenter.com/juniorvolunteers or call 865.446.8406.
Tags for this post: