When you or a loved one need intensive care, you can count on the knowledgeable and caring hands of LeConte Medical Center to provide a standard of excellence.
- Smart beds that “speak” more than 80 phrases in 27 languages to communicate with non-English speaking patients.
- The smart beds assist in turning patients to the side to assist with pneumonia prevention
- To prevent patient falls, beds are equipped with safety alarms to alert the staff if a patient is attempting to get up without assistance
- There is a shower in ICU for patients that are bedridden or in a wheelchair.
- A comfortable family waiting area with sleep chairs, a shower for family members to use, table and chairs, TV, microwave, and coffee.
- The ICU waiting area also features a consult room that is convenient to families so the physician can discuss the care of their loved one.
Patients in our intensive care unit have an increased need for rest so they can heal and recuperate. Special guidelines for visitation are as follows:
- Only two people may visit a patient at a time.
- Flowers and balloons are not allowed in the ICU.
- You may send your thoughts to a loved one in our ICU by sending an electronic greeting card. These are delivered by hospital volunteers.
- For our complete and detailed ICU visitor policy, please go to LeConteMedicalCenter.com/Visit
ICU visiting hours are:
8:30 a.m. – 9 a.m.
12:30 p.m. – 1 p.m.
4:30 p.m. – 5 p.m.
8:30 p.m. – 9 p.m.
Release of Patient Information
Due to the federal regulations and revisions to the Patient Privacy Act, we do not give information about our patients over the phone. If you would like us to provide updates on your condition to your family you can provide them with your personal P.I.N. code.