With a full staff of outstanding physicians, the Emergency Department at LeConte Medical Center is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and treats over 56,000 emergencies every year.
Working together, the hospitals and physicians of Covenant Health have built one of the nation’s top performing health networks – a network that ensures East Tennessee families excellence in healthcare.
Inside the Emergency Department
- The lobby offers a separate children’s’ waiting area
- All of the exam rooms feature flat-screen TVs, phones, oxygen and nurse call system
- Trauma rooms: spacious, glass doors between rooms that can open if needed or closed for privacy, trauma clocks
- Helicopter pad: located just outside the department for easier air ambulance transport
- Observation unit: 8 rooms designated for lengthy stays requiring additional observation but not hospital admission
Having stroke symptoms? We’re prepared.
If you are experiencing any symptoms of a stroke it’s important to seek immediate medical attention. LeConte Medical Center is proud to be certified by The Joint Commission as an Advanced Primary Stroke Center. With access to neurologists 24/7 and advanced diagnostics, our emergency department is equipped to quickly assess your condition, and help develop the best treatment plan for you.