This childbirth class is designed to help expectant parents understand pregnancy, prepare for the childbirth experience at the Dolly Parton Birthing Unit and care for their newborn. You’ll find the program enlightening and entertaining, as well as beneficial. New Beginnings is offered monthly from 6 p.m. – 8 p.m. The program is recommended for mothers in their eighth month of pregnancy. Class size is limited.
The class includes:
- Third trimester discomforts, cause and treatments
- True vs. false labor and pre-term labor
- Equipment used on unit during labor and delivery
- Stages of labor and delivery
- Cesarean section, postpartum care, and rooming-in precautions
- Questions and answers about general baby care such as breastfeeding, circumcision, feeding, crying, sleeping and bathing.
- Tour of the Dolly Parton Birthing Unit.
Cost of class: $30 (only available for those who deliver at LeConte Medical Center)
Tuesday, February 11
Tuesday, March 10
Tuesday, April 21
Tuesday, May 12
Tuesday, June 9
Tuesday, July 14
Tuesday, August 11
Tuesday, September 15
Tuesday, October 13
Tuesday, November 10
No Classes in December