Located on the 2nd floor of LeConte Medical Center, The Dolly Parton Birthing Unit is a modern, comfortable, family-oriented facility, providing both the personal attention and medical technology for a memorable and pleasant birthing experience.
Some of our features include:
- A state-of-the-art monitoring system for mom & baby’s safety
- Twin-sized sleeper couches for father or guest to sleep on
- Private rooms with views of the Smoky Mountains
- LDRP (labor, delivery, recovery and postpartum) suites
- High back chair and rocker gliders
Expectant parents are encouraged to enroll in the New Beginnings Childbirth Class offered by the Birthing Unit staff. Sibling and grandparent classes are also available upon request.
Looking for your baby’s photos? Click here to visit our Net Nursery (must have a code from the baby’s mother to view).
A Safe Sleep Hospital
LeConte’s Dolly Parton Birthing Unit has been certified as a Safe Sleep Hospital, providing education and vital tools about safe sleep to the parents of newborns delivered in the Unit.
Our Dolly Parton Birthing Unit not only meets the needs of new mothers, but also women of all ages. The Unit includes private rooms for patients who have received gynecological care other women’s clinical services.