Each year, U.S. News & World Report evaluates more than 15,000 nursing homes nationwide. Of those, 31 Tennessee nursing homes made their “best of” list, and one is right here in Sevier County – Fort Sanders Sevier Nursing Home, a division of LeConte Medical Center.
“Our team is honored to receive this distinction,” says Michael Hatmaker, LeConte’s VP of support services and nursing home administrator. “This report validates the excellent service level provided to our residents, families, and friends by our FSSNH team”.
The annual list, which began in 2009, uses data from Nursing Home Compare, a program by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, which sets and enforces standards for nursing homes. This year, the methodology changed to require the Best Nursing Homes earn an average of 4.5/5 or higher during at least half of the 10 months of federal reports ending in August 2017, and earn at least a 4 federal rating for all 10 months.
Choosing a nursing home for your loved one is an important decision. Fort Sanders Sevier Nursing Home, offers person-centered care at our 54-bed facility. Short-stay care is available for those needing additional rehabilitation or recuperation after a hospital stay. We also offer the following amenities and services:
- Secure, caring environment with friendly and courteous team
- Registered nurses, LPNs, and certified nursing assistants here to assist you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Therapy by licensed physical, speech, occupational and respiratory therapists
- Broad range of group activities schedule throughout the week such as regularly scheduled visits by local schools, HABIT volunteers, church and civic organizations
- Enclosed courtyard with attractive landscaping
- On-site beauty/barbershop
- Immediate proximity to LeConte Medical Center
The U.S. News Nursing Home Finder offers comprehensive information about care, safety, health inspections, staffing and more for nearly every nursing home in the country.