Friday, January 04, 2013
Kick of your New Year the Healthy Way!
LeConte Medical Center would like to help kick start your New Year and help you reach your health goals. You're invited to attend a health fair on Thursday, January 10, 2013. 9 a.m. – 11 a.m., at the Pigeon Forge Community Center. The Community Center is located at 170 Community Center Drive in Pigeon Forge.
Free Health Screenings:
- Blood pressure
- Carotid Artery Screening
- Cardiac rhythm screening
- And many others
Free educational information on various health topics.
Optional Blood Tests Available for a fee:
- Blood Chemistry Profile (which includes: lipid panel, total protein, etc.) is available for $20; 12-hour fasting is recommended. (Note: All regular medications should be taken. Individuals with diabetes should consult with their physician prior to fasting.)
- Complete Blood Count (which includes: white and red blood cell and platelet count): $15
- Prostate Specific Antigen: $20
- Thyroid Stimulating Hormone: $20
- High-Sensitivity C-Reactive Protein (used to assess coronary artery inflammation): $20
- Hemoglobin A1C (used to assess glucose level over a 3 month period): $20
This health event is open to the public. No appointments necessary. Call 453-WELL for additional information.